Summer is coming to an end with school starting soon for our little ones and that beautiful cool crisp Autumn breeze approaching soon. We are having some fall like weather coming our way now! The humidity is lessening and we are enjoying 70-80 degree weather with nice cool breezes.
Fall is my favorite season. I especially love all the colors but fall is also when my Chapter 2 husband and I married! Last October we became a blended family of my being widowed with three children and him being a single man/no kids, but now we have our baby Kallen!
We love to spend time together and most of our time is spent at home for our fun date nights and quality time! I wanted to share with you some fun date night ideas you can do at home with your loved one this fall!
- Have a picnic outside with a campfire! Fall is perfect weather for cool breezes and perfect scenery of beautiful leaves of red, yellows and browns. Don’t forget the marshmallows!
- Make dinner together for your meal. It’ll be fun and you can be creative. Try something new or one of your favorite recipes.
- Paint! Get a canvas or two from your local store with a few primary colors of paint, brushes and have fun! It’s relaxing!
- Board games for the bored! Games are fun and everyone loves a friendly competition. My hubby and I love to play chess… and yes I beat him pretty much every time!
- Watch a movie together. It can be something new on Netflix or even pull out a movie you haven’t seen in awhile… with popcorn of course.
- Enjoy a night outside in the backyard looking at the stars. This is perfect if a nice cool fall evening and see what constellations you see. Truly a beautiful sight!
- Give one another a massage. A nice back massage is great to wipe away tension and stress.
- Plan a future trip! Next June my husband and I are going on a cruise in the Bahamas! Plan your next weekend getaway or a romantic trip for just the two of you.
- Read a book together and then after a few chapters discuss what you two have read and your opinions so far on the book.
- Enjoy music? Listen to one another’s favorite bands or music genre and get to dancing! Move those hips!
Anything to add? What do you and your significant other do for fun at home date nights?