It’s that time of year! Back to school the kiddos go and this year my oldest is starting fourth grade and my next child in line, Boston, my five year old starts Kindergarten!! I can’t believe how fast kids are growing up and it’s a bittersweet moment.
To help make our lives a little easier and the morning smoother here are a few things for the routine and tips I plan to practice in order to stay ahead and organized.
1. Lay out clothes the night before – your child can even help out with this task.
2. Make sure backpack is set the night before as well so nothing is forgotten – homework or paperwork that needs to be completed and turned in next day.
3. Pack lunch night before unless you give yourself time in the morning to prep it.
4. Enjoy a few minutes of quiet time to yourself in the morning before the “chaos” of the morning begins. I am starting to now wake up a bit before the kids do to prepare breakfast, get a little something I need done for myself or even to just enjoy a hot cup of tea or coffee.
5. Each day ask your Kindergartener what they learned. Ask them how their day went and what their favorite part was.
Don’t forget to capture that smile in the morning by camera before school drop off!
My husband Mike and I asked Boston a few questions about this new adventure! It was cute to hear his responses.
Question: Are you excited about Kindergarten?
Question: What are you going to learn?
Boston: I think to read.
Question: What school item do you like the most?
Boston: My train lunch box.
School is an exciting time of year for children to learn and grow! I’m very excited about what he will learn and the friends he will meet.
What tips do you have for parents prepping for Kindergarten?